Tips for heatstroke prevention
China will soon enter the "dog days" of summer from July 11 to Aug 19.
Tips for drinking water on hot summer days
1. Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water. The sensation of thirst indicates that dehydration has already begun.
2. Do not drink too much water when you are thirsty. Your stomach will find it difficult to handle the elevated intake of water.
3. Do not drink too much water before a meal because it will dilute the digestive juices and affect the digestion and absorption of food.
4. After waking up in the morning, drink a glass of water to replenish the fluids your body consumed during the night. This also reduces blood viscosity and promotes blood circulation.
Tips for relieving summer-heat
1. Choose the right fabrics. Clothes that are breathable and dry easily, such as silk, cotton and linen, are the best.
2. Choose the right color. Light-colored clothes absorb less light. Loose and dark clothes are preferred when staying in shady and cool places because they can absorb heat and help the body dissipate heat.
3. Wear sun protection such as hats and sunglasses.
4. Have a light diet. Porridge and soup can help improve your appetite. Bitter foods such as bitter gourd, asparagus and cabbage mustard can clear toxins and improve digestion.
5. Spray water on your skin to cool your body. The water can take some of the heat away when it evaporates.
6. Take a shower. Having a shower can keep you cool while washing away sweat that makes you uncomfortable.